Definition of the Wedding and Event Designer's job
The profession of Wedding Designer consists in creating magic, a new experience on all the visual aspects of an event by merging the design elements with the technical and logistic scope.
The Role of the Wedding and Event Designer
• Identify the expectations of the clients to propose a visual concept to their image
• Imagine and create the concept and design of the event
• Organize the space and find technical and aesthetic solutions
• Conceptual planning
• Responsible for technical and safety aspects: florist, lighting technician & special effects, tableware rental, card maker
Wedding & Event Designer Salary
|| Western Europe
|44,200 Dollars per year
||60,000 Australian Dollars per year
||23,000 Pounds Sterlings per year
||Depending on the activity, the Wedding and Event Designer can earn between 15,000 and 40,000 Euros per Year
Wedding & Event Designer training Price : 2300$ ($2500 in 2 payments or installments / $2600 in 3 payments or installments)
DURATION : 2 weeks (80 hours) from Monday 9:30am to Friday 6:30pm
MATERIAL NEEDED : A laptop, pens
The Wedding & Event Designer training is a practical course to become a professional in decorating and event scenography. You will discover all the aspects of this trade in order to develop your skills in decoration and event scenography. You will learn how to make a mood-board and color palettes on Photoshop, you will discover the art of drawing and sketching in order to make professional quotes. You will make your own floral compositions with two Floral Art Workshops and organize a great inspirational photo shoot to close the course. Register now.
The Wedding & Event Designer’s job
- Presentation of the job
- Evolution references
- Future of the profession
- Profile of a Wedding & Event Designer (qualities required)
- The pros and cons
- The Workspace
Event & Wedding Design
- Stimulate your creativity
- How to create a concept?
- The Wedding & Event Styling
- Sensory Design
- The storyboard
- Design principles
- The 6 aspects of design
- The power of colors
- How to enlarge or shrink a room
- The 3 attributes of the color
- The chromatic circle
- Color combinations
- How to help your client choose colors
- Color palettes
- Colorimetry in practice
Fabrics & Draperies
- Know the fabrics
- In which fabric to invest?
- Drapery techniques
- Steps to build a wedding arch
Decoration & Scenography
- Successful client meeting and briefing
- Decoration & crafting cards- Realize your portfolio
- The processional decoration, 5 commands for a perfect bridal bouquet and the bridesmaids
- Decoration of the ceremony, which decoration to suggest according to a religious or secular ceremony?
- Table decoration, the different styles
- Create a support by yourself
- Space decoration: architectural lighting, ceiling decoration, photo booth or backdrops, candy bar
- The space’s scenography
- Staging: decoration of the cocktail hour, urn, guest book
- The wedding cake, seating chart, place cards
- Chair decoration, direction signs
- Reception equipment
- Tablecloths and chair covers
- Layout rules & floor plan
- Event Decoration: bridal Shower, anniversary...
- The latest trends in scenography
Fees & Regulations
- The different packages: à la carte, rental only, decoration & scenography from A to Z
- Define your fees: From the estimate to the order form, step by step How to calculate your profit margin? How do you charge the rental? Should you charge a creation package?
- Obtain the signature of the order form
Photoshop & lightroom training
- Color palette or color blocking
- Inspiration boards or mood boards-
Creation of a color palette and a mood board
- Photo editing techniques
- Lightroom training
- Practice Exercise: Creating an invitation, a menu and a place card
- Discover cutting machines
Drawing & 3D Event Software Training
- 3D Event Software Training
- Drawing & sketching techniques
- Freehand sketches
- Make an estimate
Floral art workshop & Inspirational photoshoot in 2 Floral art workshops
1) Realization of your own compositions
- Bridesmaid bracelet- Flower crown
- A buttonhole
- A ceremony bench decoration
- A round bridal bouquet2) Realization of large-scale compositions :
- A high table centerpiece
- A ceremonial composition - Inspirational photoshoot
To be an Event & Wedding Designer you have to have a lot of CREATIVITY. Indeed, the person in charge of the event must have a true artistic sense and know how to compose with taste the whole scenographic concept in order to create a fairy-like and magical universe.
If you are sensitive to visual concepts and receptive to people’s wishes, this training is for you!
To integrate our training, no educational level is required, your motivation, your involvement and your qualities are enough to get trained at our school.
You can benefit from reduced rates and easy terms of payment. They are listed below.
Our Educational assets
• Follow-up of your project after the training for life
• A Day-Of course offered !
• Practical exercises
• Client’s consultation worksheet provided
• Contract, estimate, order form, lead-up timeline & checklist provided
• Theoretical and practical course, seen during the seminar, provided in PDF
• Access to a private group where you can exchange and ask your questions to experienced wedding planners.
• Certificate of Wedding Designer Expert following successful completion of the final exam
The Wedding Academy is the first training school to propose an inspirational photoshoot for your seminar! You will have the chance to put into practice your acquired knowledge, to contact real vendors and fulfill yourself on the scenographic part in a well-defined theme.
At the end of the photoshoot, you will have the chance to use the pictures to help you in the creation of your wedding & event designer business! Indeed, you will be able to use all the photos to create your portfolio, your website, as well as all your communication medias.
Marie Antoinette Inspiration Photoshoot
At the end of your training, if you pass your final exam, you will get your Wedding Designer Certificate !
Our certification, highly recognized in the world of design, will allow you to be a reference to your vendors and to offer a service of excellence to your clients.
The WEDDING & EVENT DESIGNER Label will allow you to be renowned in the world of design and to assure to your bride and groom a service of high quality and excellent decorations.
The Day-Of practical course at a real wedding is an immersion in the reality of the field and allows you to acquire a solid experience in terms of installation, decoration set up and logistics.
What's better than attending a real wedding, supervised by an experienced wedding designer and discovering what’s behind the scenes to put into practice what you have learned during your training?
A follow-up for life
At the end of your training, the Wedding Academy will be by your side to help and support you as part of the follow-up of your business project and in your career path.
Your correspondents will closely follow your career in event planning and will answer all your questions after your training throughout the life of your business.